The feeling is that we have to hoard resources because we might live.
And we are scared of being without, whether we have weathered that state before or not.
And there is no community. Or perhaps, we don't perceive the community that is there.
Or more likely, modern people here in my country right now have not learned well how to do community so we are all scared and don't know how to move past that. I do believe it is a truth that community takes more than 2 people, or 4 people, or 10 people. I believe great communities have maybe 25 to 100 people, and then those communities are connected so that there is always another link for help and safety.
I feel that kindness is intrinsic to being human. I feel that kindness benefits everyone and is important to building community. I also know that there are a lot of people who disagree with me. I believe that knowing more people helps people see better that that root of kindness (and also compassion) is there. Kindness and compassion are two sides of the same coin. But I don't believe that people who feel extra compassionate are necessarily more kind or that people who are the most kind are necessarily more compassionate. I just believe that ideally kindness and compassion work together to help connect us. If you think you are innately less kind or less compassionate than others, it doesn't mean you can't choose to be kind and choose to pay attention to others to see them more clearly in a compassionate way.
No comments:
Post a Comment